Used to have the A10 Warthogs doing test runs in my area… The Warthog is basically a tank in the sky. Found this wallpaper that says it all.
Yesterday’s post I featured a really important layer of protection for your Google Account (especially Gmail); called 2-Step Verification (see article GMAIL USERS – Use Google’s 2-Step Verification For Stronger Account Security) . I hope you have considered activating 2-Step Verification to keep the bad guy’s from compromising your account.
If you did take my advice, I want to share with you a really neat app (called Google Authenticator) that is available for Android, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Blackberry devices that will give you the ability to randomly generate, from your device (i.e. smartphone or tablet) the verification codes that will need to access your account.
Google Authenticator generates 2-step verification codes on your phone.
Enable 2-step verification to protect your account from hijacking by adding another layer of security. With 2-step verification signing in will require a code generated by the Google Authenticator app in addition to your account password.
Start by visiting accounts.google.com/SmsAuthConfig
* Generates codes even in airplane mode!
* Support for multiple accounts
* Support for multiple languages
I don’t know if this is a Labor Day special or not, but Amazon has the SanDisk Ultra II 240 GB 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive at 38% off the regular price.
There are many Google account holders (i.e. Gmail) that are unaware of Google’s 2-Step Logon Verification Process. I have been using 2-Step Verification for over a year and I feel much more at ease knowing that my Google Account is at a much higher level of protection from the account being stolen or compromised.
If you use Gmail, I encourage you to take advantage of the 2-Step Verification process. It may seem like it is more trouble than it is worth; but, imagine what would happen if your account was compromised (and, really once you get the hang of it, you will like it).
2-Step Verification provides layered protection. With 2-Step Verification, you will protect your account with something you know (your password) and something you have (your phone). Your phone is used to acquire verification codes, either by a text message, a voice call, or Google’s mobile app. Each code can only be used once. If a bad guy hacks through your password layer, the bad guy cannot access your account without a verification code.
To learn more about Google’s 2-Step Verification, I encourage you to get started [HERE]…
DSynchronize – A Stand-Alone Utility That Lets You Periodically Synchronize Two Or More Folders On Your Hard DiskAugust 30, 2014
With DSynchronize you should never again have an excuse for not backing up your files. This small utility rocks and is what I use to backup my main folders (such as Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc…) to my external drives. There is no installation. Download, unzip and run. Simply select your source (the files/folders you want to back up) and select the destination (where you want to back the source files/folders to).
The only negative I see with DSynchronize, is that there is no help file; however, if you go with the “checked” settings (that I use), under General Options and Deleted Files, in the graphic below, you will be good to go. Once you have everything setup, click on “Synchronize”.
ALSO, to further help you, if you watch the YouTube video below, you will get a really good understanding on how DSynchronize works. This is really good software, is FREE, easy to understand and it just plain works. You can even set up DSynchronize to perform a realtime sync. Great job to the developer on this.
NOTE: To download DSynchronize, visit [HERE], and scroll down the page and you will see it.
Noticed that the Amazon Fire TV Streaming Media Player is at a price reduction (and FREE Shipping).
Amazon Fire TV is a tiny box you connect to your HDTV. It’s the easiest way to enjoy Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus, YouTube.com, low-cost movie rentals, music, and much more
- Massive selection—Over 200,000 TV episodes and movies, millions of songs, and hundreds of games. Show me
- Free 30-day Prime trial—Unlimited access to thousands of popular movies and TV shows including exclusive content from HBO and titles like Downton Abbey. Learn more
- Voice search that actually works—Simply say the name of what you want to watch and start enjoying in seconds
- Tiny box, huge specs—Fast quad-core processor, 2 GB of memory, dedicated GPU, plus 1080p HD video and Dolby Digital Plus surround sound
- Easy to set up and use—Pre-registered to your Amazon account so you can enjoy favorite titles and personalized recommendations
- Instant streaming—Exclusive new feature ASAP predicts what movies and TV episodes you’ll want to watch and buffers them for playback before you hit play
- Perfect for parents—Amazon FreeTime lets you easily limit screen time and create personalized profiles just for kids
- Great for gaming, too—Play blockbuster titles like Minecraft-Pocket Edition, The Walking Dead, and Monsters University, plus free games and Amazon exclusives. Paid games start from just 99 cents