Windows4All is a Microsoft Silverlight (web) based online virtual operating system that emulates the feel and appearance of Windows Vista. No installation or account sign-up is required; and applications can be launched right away by simply going to Windows4all.com . If the application does not load, then you do not have Microsoft Silverlight installed.
Silverlight is a cross-browser, cross-platform and cross-device browser plug-in that helps companies design, develop and deliver applications and experiences on the Web.
The desktop to Windows4all interface emulates the Windows Vista desktop with a taskbar, Start Menu, and Sidebar. Also included at this point of development is:
Rich Text Editor
Games (Chess, Spider, Solitaire, Tic-Tac-Toe)
- Convenience and freedom – A personalized desktop is available and accessible from any computer in the world.
- No more administration – No more software installation, software update, worry about anti-virus.
- Security - Less prone to typical attacks, viruses, worms, vulnerabilities, spyware and disk crashes.
- Hardware – Performance doesn’t depend much on the speed of your computer.
- Entertainment – Being online, windows4all.com offers more opportunities for communicating and entertainment.
- Cost – It is free.
Windows4All is currently in the early stage of development; however, the current stage of development will give you an idea what a familiar online operating system (Vista) looks like inside your web browser.