September 20, 2014
I just purchased the Logitech M325 Mouse, to use with my nettop computer, and must say I am quite impressed with how smooth this mouse scrolls web pages. Typically with a mouse you get that click-click-click feel when scrolling webpages. With the Logitech M325 the mouse wheel operates as smooth as silk when scrolling pages.
The Logitech M325 is mainly designed for use with notebook computers; however, it is a reasonably priced mouse that I would not be afraid to use as the mouse for my desktop. One feature I like with this mouse is that you can tilt the mouse wheel left or right to go backwards or forward when navigating web pages. Also, has very good ratings…
September 9, 2014
Noticed an Amazon price drop on the Samsung 840 EVO 2.5 inch SATA SSD Drive. This is one of the best sellers at Amazon with awesome customer reviews. SATA drives have no moving parts, which means a very noticeable increase in performance; AND, is one of the best upgrades you can make to a computer. If you are looking for a SSD drive, you may want to check this one out [CLICK HERE]…
Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Single Unit Version Internal Solid State Drive MZ-7TE250BW
September 5, 2014
USA Today had a feature tech write-up on the Toshiba Encore 2 that is worth a look see (titled: Review: Toshiba’s Encore 2 Windows tablet makes the grade) for those considering a full Windows 8 experience tablet at a price that is comparable (or better) than some of the other tablets (of this caliber) out there.
I also noticed that Amazon has the Encore 2 now available (click here) in the 10 inch model and (click here) in the 8 inch model.
One of the first reviewers at Amazon had this to say about the Encore 2:
Got one yesterday at BB. Really like this tablet. Full windows 8.1 and MS Office 365 personal. You get to download another Office 365 on your home PC. You also get 1000 gb of storage on MS One Drive. Running ITunes off of my 14 gb of music on the micro SD card. Very good processor response. The 1 gb of Ram may have it limits, but no noticeable slow down. Overall, very happy. We also have an iPad and Samsung Galaxy. Cannot go wrong, when you consider the price and power of this 10 inch tablet…
Meet the Encore™ 2 tablet—a powerful performer that works the way you do. Thinner, faster, lighter and more capable than ever, this Windows® tablet with a brilliant 10.1-inch display and ultrafast Wi-Fi® goes from work to play in an instant. Get going right out of the box with a complimentary one-year subscription to Office 365™ Personal, capture video and take amazing photos with a built-in 5MP camera, synchronize across all your Windows® devices and much more. Powered by a quad-core Intel® Atom™ processor with InstantGo technology, this is one tablet that’s up for anything.
August 27, 2014
If you are looking for a desktop computer, I came across this deal at DealNews:
Lenovo offers its Lenovo K450e Intel Haswell Core i5 3.2GHz Desktop (no monitor), model no. 57328801, for $579. Coupon code “K350E8801″ cuts it to$539. With free shipping, that’s $260 off list and the lowest total price we could find. Features include an Intel Haswell Core i5-4460 3.2GHz quad-core processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB 7200rpm hard drive, DVD burner, 802.11n wireless, and Windows 8.1 64-bit. Deal ends September 3.
August 26, 2014
SSD (Solid State Drive) – Have no moving (mechanical) components. This distinguishes them from traditional electromechanical magnetic disks such as hard disk drives (HDDs) or floppy disks, which contain spinning disks and movable read/write heads.Compared with electromechanical disks, SSDs are typically more resistant to physical shock, run silently, have lower access time, and less latency.
Now that we have the definition SSD out of the way, make sure you read the article at “How To Geek” on “It’s Time Why You Need to Upgrade to an SSD Right Now“.
It’s time to upgrade to an SSD if you’re still using a mechanical hard drive in your computer. An SSD is the single biggest upgrade you can give your computer, and prices have come down dramatically… READ MORE @ How To Geek
August 25, 2014
Everyday I become more enchanted with technology and what is out there (NOW) for our use. I came across a really neat product from SanDisk called the SanDisk Connect, that if I described it in one line, it would be something like this — “The SanDisk Connect Is A Flash Drive On Steroids”…
This drive is like no other flash drive. With the SanDisk Connect you can wirelessly store, share, stream movies, photos, music, and documents across your smartphones, tablets and computers. If you are looking to upgrade to another flash drive, I would definitely take a look at one of these [CLICK HERE]. The cost is more than a typical flash drive; however, the capability here outweighs the cost. Great customer reviews, as well.
- Simultaneously connect & access data stored on up to 8 devices via Wi-Fi
- No internet connection, cables or router required, works on all Wi-Fi enabled devices
- Up to 4 hours of video streaming on a single charge
- Access with free app, compatible with iOS 5.0 or later, Android 2.3 or later and Kindle devices
- Access with internet browser, compatible with all Wi-Fi enabled devices
- Charging and accessing with USB 2.0 connection interface or higher
- Optional Wi-Fi password protection and 128-bit AES encryption
August 22, 2014
Finding that you need more USB ports? Definitely go with a power USB Hub. Amazon has a good deal on the EasyAcc Superspeed, USB 3.0 capable, 7 port hub (with 2 smart USB 3.0 ports with both charging and data capabilities). Typically this hub sells for $80.99 (now selling for $39.99). I do not know how long this deal will last.
EasyAcc® Superspeed USB 3.0 7 Port Hub
- 2-in-1 charging and data hub: 2 BC 1.2 smart USB 3.0 ports with both charging and data capabilities and able to reach a max. speed of 5V 2A plus 5 standard USB 3.0 ports with data transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps (10 times faster than USB 2.0);
- Transforms into a 7-port charger: 2 special charging cables (no data capabilities) provided can change all ports into fast charging ones that reach between 0.5 to 2.4A for a max. of 5V 7A between the 7 ports. (Actual charging speed depends on your device.);
- Smart and safe: Communicates with your smart devices and adjusts the charging speed accordingly; also supports hot swapping. Built-in surge protector keeps both your devices and data safe;
- Ultra-compatible: Compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1; no drivers required for Windows 8/7/Vista/XP and Mac OS X 10.2 and above;
- Worry-free after-sales service: EasyAcc® provides a 12-month warranty and free lifetime technical support globally.Buy now and you can enjoy an additional 5-year warranty