Recently I posted an article “WOT to trust; WOT not to trust…” which highlighted the “FREE” internet security addon for your browser called WOT (Web of Trust). WOT is a FREE downloadable browser add-on for Internet Explorer and Firefox that will warn you when you are about to interact with a risky web site. If you desire to see how WOT works, [Click Here] to see a demo.
Today I received exciting news from WOT headquarters that a new feature has been added:
WOT has added the top three web-based email services – Google Gmail, Windows Live Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail, to its free security protection. WOT checks links embedded in email and warns users of dangerous websites to help them avoid spyware, spam, phishing, identity theft and other Internet scams, before they risk clicking. A demo is provided below to show you how WOT can protect you in Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail:
If you have not done so, I strongly urge you to take advantage of the WOT addon and the protection it provides.
- WOT has been downloaded by over 1.8 million users
- Information on over 20.7 million websites
- Based on WOT statistics, 1 out of 20 sites is dangerous
- WOT users can contribute by rating and commenting on websites
- WOT partners with a number of trusted sources, such as PhishTank, TRUSTe, hpHosts, DNS-BH Malware Domain list and Artists Against 419