I have explored methods, in the past, that will list and print the filenames in folders on your computer and really did not arrive at an easy to use method, until now! There is the hard way and there is the easy way.
The hard way (for the tech savvy):
The easy way (for people like me):
This utility is a keeper for me… It is a portable app, easy to use, FREE, and has the ability to export your directory list to Microsoft Word or Excel at the click of a button. Utilities such as “Directory List & Print” are handy in the event you need to print the filenames in a folder on your computer. For example, if you maintain a music collection, this is an excellent way to print out that collection.
- Selection of directories to be listed by a tree structure.
- Listing of sub-directories and/or files.
- Display last modification date.
- Display last modification time.
- Display file size.
- Display filename with or without path directory.
- Display filenames with or without file extensions.
- Print directory listing, direct print of corresponding list.
- Export list into other programs by copying to the clipboard. The corresponding data will be organized in columns and separated by tabs so that the list can be pasted directly into Excel ™ as a table.
- Open the list directly in Microsoft Word™ and Excel™.
- Sort order of the list: directories before files, within filenames in alphabetical order.