The gScreen Spacebook is the first dual screen laptop with two 15.4-inch identical screens and a full-size keyboard, built into one laptop unit. The genius behind the design of the dual screen laptop is gScreen Computer Corp., an Anchorage, Alaska based company. Availability of the gScreen Spacebook is expected to hit the market by Q4 2009. Each monitor slides, so that you can move the gScreen around compactly like a regular laptop.
Potential customers have shown a tremendous interest in the product from the Banking, Accounting, Investment and Trading sector and the Department of Defense including the US NAVY and Department of Homeland Security.
The gScreen Spacebook series. Spacebook planned Specs:
- 2 LED backlit display screens
- Windows VISTA/ WIN XP PRO (optional)
- Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26-GHz
- 4 GB of RAM (2GB DDR2 SO-DIMM x 2)
- 320GB 7200-rpm HD
- NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800M GT with 512MB dedicated memory (or)
- NVIDIA® Quadro FX 1700M Graphics with 512MB dedicated memory
- 9-cell battery
- IEEE 1394 1 Graphics Card Output (15-pin, D-Sub) X 1, HDMI X 1 Mic-in X 1, Line-in x 1, Headphone X 1 PCI Express Card X 1 AC Power Adaptor Output: 19V DC, 90W Input: 100~240V AC, 50/60Hz universal Battery Pack Li-ion 9 cells