I started wondering if there was software available (for FREE) that would allow you to use your scanner to scan documents to the cloud? What I specifically was looking for was scanning software that would load in my browser and allow me to scan documents to my Google Docs account.
Sure enough, if you can think of it, then it has been done. What I came across on this hunt was CloudScan that met my criteria, and more!
CloudScan is a completely free scan application. It provides a new, simple way to scan your documents, pictures or photos and save them to mulitpage PDF files. Cloud can be successfully used on one computer. The simple, friendly interface provides results in seconds. If you have more than one PC (home or office network), you are getting a revolutionary approach to scanning: just install the SharedScanner component to one PC, and you can share scanner and use it from almost any other computer or device without installation. Just a usual web browser is required.
- Scan documents, pictures, and photos to PDF and TIFF
- Work with any TWAIN compatible scanners (more than 1600 are available on the market)
- Scan inside a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome)
- Share scanner accross network. Nothing to install on any machine after the initial installation on your PC with a scanner
- Very easy to use. One click to scan, one more to save to multipage PDF or TIFF.
- It is the only free scanning software for web browsers
GEEK BONUS AREA