Exploring or navigating the file (and folder) structure on an Android device can be quite challenging depending on the device. For example I currently have three devices (Toshiba Thrive Tablet, Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet and a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Smartphone) in my household that are Android OS driven; and all three are limited or have minimal interface to the file structure.
Being the geekster that I am, a good file manager is a must in order to adequately manage the files on the computer or any device where file management is possible. For Android, the topper in the file management category in my book is ES File Explorer.
ES File Explorer, hands down, is the best out there… For me, the power in this file manager is that, not only can you browse the file structure on the device, you can also connect and perform file operations on your computer network (via file shares) and in the cloud (with Box, SugarSync and Dropbox). FTP and Bluetooth file transfer capabilities are also built in… For example through ES File Explorer I can connect to my 50 GB Box.com account on the internet and perform file management operations (such as cut, copy, paste, etc.), as if they are local on the device.
Another feature, I really like, is that with a horizontal swipe of the finger, I can toggle between the local file structure screen, to the LAN screen (local area network screen), to the Cloud network screen, and to the FTP screen.
I am telling you, I would be lost without this app (which is FREE) on my Android devices (especially the Kindle Fire). ES File Explorer is available for download onto your Android devices (for FREE) through Google Play (formerly called the Android Market.
Latest Features List :
* File Manager — Operate files(Copy, Paste, Cut/Move, Create, Delete and Rename, Share/Send) in the phone and computers
* Multiselect files
* Application manager — Manage apps(Install, Uninstall, Backup, Shortcuts, Category)
* Compress and Decompress ZIP files, Unpack RAR files, can create encrypted (AES 256 bit) ZIP files
* View Different file formats, photos, docs, videos anywhere, support third party applications such as Document To Go to open document files
* Thumbnails for APK,images, and with an inbuilt image browser
* Text viewers and editors
* Search files
* Access your Home PC, via WIFI with SMB
* FTP, it’s your FTP client, manage the files on the FTP server as the ones on the sd card
* Dropbox,Box.net, Sugarsync, it’s an enhanced cloud storage client other than the official version. It can save photos and videos to your net drive and share your photos and docs, easily edit docs in your account.
* Bluetooth file transfer tool. You can copy and paste files between bluetooth ready devices.It supports OBEX FTP for browsing devices and transfering files between Bluetooth devices.
* Kill tasks, with a one click, pretty simple widget for auto kill, with ignore list to ignore some applications you don’t want to kill. It is an advanced task killer to kill running applications and clean memory(This feature needs ES Task Manager module installed)
* Shortcuts, bookmark manager (This feature needs ES Bookmark Manager module installed)
* Root explorer feature. It is the ultimate file management tools for root users. You might access the whole file system and data directories, and change permissions.
* Developers can visit our website for the developer interface for picking files from your applications, email attachments, etc.
* And much more.
GEEK BONUS AREA