This week’s tech product is unique in that it is a product that everyone should have in their bug out bag. When I refer to the term “bug out”, I am talking about getting out of your immediate home based area due to an emergency condition, such as a weather emergency. When this occurs I would want to get my hands on the Adventurer Ambient Weather WR-11B (multi-purpose emergency device).
When I look at products such as this, I take a look at the customer reviews and the reviews on Adventure Ambient Weather WR-11B is very impressive [ see here ].
- Dynamo Power: The hand crank generator charges the internal Lithium Ion battery
- Solar Power: You can play this Radio with the direct Sun or charge the Lithium Ion battery
- USB Power: With the included adapter, you can play or charge with USB power from a computer
- Rechargeable Power: 3.7V/800 mAh Lithium Ion Battery Included (non-proprietary)
- Maximum Power Consumption: 0.5W
- AM: 525 KHz to 1710KHz
- FM: 88MHz to 108 MHz
- Digital 7-Channel Weather Band
- Weather Alert Mode with audible and visual indication
- USB Charging Cable
- Mini, Micro, and USB charging tips included (Apple™ owners can use the USB cable that came with your IPod, IPhone, or IPad)
- 3-LED Flashlight
- Flashlight Intensity: 15 lumens
- Retractable Antenna
- Audio Out for Personal Head Phones
- Wrist lanyard
- Dimensions: 5.5″ x 3.0″ x 2.0″
- Weight: less than 0.5 lbs.
- Ideal as an everyday radio, MP3/MP4 USB dock and an essential part of any preparedness kit. Always ready to provide vital information and illumination in any emergency.
- Rubberized finish makes the ADVENTURER comfortable to grip.
- Green energy – a sustainable product that’s built to last.
- The WR-111 offers a real alternative to grid electricity or fossil fuels, so you can feel cleaner about your nature experience. Never worry about buying, carrying or disposing of batteries again.
- The ADVENTURER self-charge mechanism converts over 70% of your kinetic energy into stored electricity.
- Self-charge while playing anytime to top up the power – never miss the end of that song, the end of the game or that last item in the news report.
- The integrated LED is a vital source of light in blackouts, or just when checking your alarm clock at your bedside in the morning.