Registry Backup is a program by Tweaking.com that has the ability to use the Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service to make a perfect copy of your Windows registry. Tweaking.com recently upgraded the program (to v2.0).
I have featured this utility on the blog in the past and due to its’ powerful ability to backup the registry (in an easy way) on computers from Windows XP to 8.1 I thought it necessary to remind my readers of the importance of this program. Registry Backup is available as a Windows install or as a portable app (which is ideal for you troubleshooters out there).
If you wondering what the Volume Shadow Copy Service is, then CLICK HERE. Microsoft recommends using the Volume Shadow Copy Service to backup up the registry. This grabs a complete backup of the registry hives as they are (in their current real-time state); thus, giving you that perfect registry backup.
Below is a video that demonstrates and explains Registry Backup
- The program is 100% free.
- One click backup and restore.
- Can restore from Windows Safe Mode.
- Portable version can be ran from a thumb drive and keep backups of multiple systems.
- Automatic cleanup of older backups.
- Set and control scheduling options.
- Can backup & restore all user profiles on the system, not just the ones that are currently loaded.
- Control which registry files are backed up or restored.
- Detailed logs are saved with each backup.
- Multiple easy restore options.
- Online videos showing how to use the program and how to use the different restore options.
Thank You For Visiting Today
MAKE SURE YOU ALSO VISIT