A tech item that people often overlook is the flashlight, where leaps in advancement have occurred. The newer LED lights have a brightness level that is utterly unbelievable that contain electronic circuitry that enables these lights to perform at different brightness levels.
The light that I currently use (and highly recommend) is the Olight S30R Baton… Don’t let the name of “baton” give the impression that this light is large in size like some of the old Maglites, which contained multiple D-size batteries. In fact, the Olight S30R is only approximately 4 5/8 inches long with an approximately diameter slightly less than 1 inch. There are a total of five different power settings and a strobe mode, with the most powerful setting being 1000 lumens (that according to the manufacturer will last 2 hours). The light mode set at 1000 lumens is unbelievably bright and will light up a darkened area at a great distance. The plus with this light is that it is a multi-pupose, very well built light, that has a magnet in its’ tail that is handy in the event you need to attach the light to a metal object (like to the hood of your car) when you need to use both hands.
There are in between light modes, with lesser lumens, like the moonlight where you you may need a more softer light to climb under the desk to check the wiring on your computer. On the other side of spectrum, the 1000 lumens setting shined into an attackers eyes is more than enough to temporarily blind and disorient the person (to give you enough time to escape the situation). Another cool and really neat feature of this light is the blinking strobe (again, very bright) that could be used as an SOS tool or as an alert to warn others of impending danger. The Olight S30R Baton ships with a rechargeable battery and charger base and if you go with this light from link above (at Amazon) they throw in a couple of other goodies.
- NEW Low-profile side switch featuring a battery power indicator, which glows red when battery runs low
- NEW Includes patent-pending Micro-USB charging dock and a 18650 3400 mAh 3.6V rechargeable battery
- NEW Thermal management safety program provides overheating protection by dropping high output by 60% after 5 minutes of constant on.
- NEW Glow-in-the-dark o-ring in bezel to help locate flashlight from accidentally dropping it
- 99% light transmittance rate through tempered glass, with two-sided anti-reflective coating
- Multi-function side switch with five brightness levels, plus a strobe mode
- Automatically return to your last brightness level with the built in memory function
- Removable pocket clip
- Flat tailcap with strong magnet, giving you the ability to use the light as a hands-free worklight
- Highly reliable 6061-T6 aluminum alloy structure with ant-scratch, Milspec Type-III hard anodizing
- Enhanced shock-proofing in battery contact springs to support both flat and tabular 18650 batteries
- Can be powered by two non-rechargeable CR123A lithium batteries as a last resort in an emergency.
- Low standby current below 15uA
Specifications (see specs at manufacturer’s site)
- Lens:Tough ultra-clear tempered glass with two-sided anti-reflective coating
- Light Source:1 x Cree XM-L2
- Flashlight: 4.69 in/119mm x 0.98 in/25mm
- Charging Dock: 2.17 x 1.97 x 0.63 in / 55 x 50 x 16mm
- Weight: 122g/4.3 oz (flashlight with battery), 24g/0.85 oz(charging dock)
- Body Material : Type-III hard anodizing, aircraft-grade aluminum
- Battery: Use 2 x CR123A or 1 x 18650
- Warranty: Olight’s five-year warranty
Thank You For Visiting Today
MAKE SURE YOU ALSO VISIT