Recently I purchased and installed the Transcend Information 256 GB SATA III 6 Gb/s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive in a Windows 7 based Toshiba notebook computer that was approximately 5 years old. The difference this upgrade made was very noticeable. Part of the upgrade process involved cloning the existing hard disk drive (HDD) to the new solid state drive (SSD). I had the option of using the Transcend cloning software; however, I opted for AOMEI Backupper Standard (which is FREE reputable backup software) that is renown for it’s disk cloning features.
AOMEI Backupper Standard allows for resizing of partitions during the cloning process and supports the copying of hard disk drives (HDD) to solid state drives (SSD). This program can make an exact and complete copy of a disk or partition directly from one disk to another.
In the event (as I experienced), if you want to adjust the partitions size or location on the destination disk, there is an option that will allow you to select editing of the partitions on the destination disk.
Options available are:
- Copy without resizing partitions: Do not do any changes.
- Fit partition to entire disk: The destination disk partitions will be automatically resized to the entire disk, appropriate for the disk size.
- Edit partitions on this disk: Manually adjust the partition size and location by dragging a slider bar.
In the end, I had a good result with using AOMEI Backupper Standard in the cloning process.
If you are looking for excellence in backup software, AOMEI Backupper Standard can do it all, such as:
- Creating a system image to keep Windows and applications safe.
- Backing up entire hard disk or specified partitions, or just cloning them.
- Backing up or syncing your most important files and folders on a regular basis.
- Saving time and effort with automatic, incremental, and differential backups.
Thank You For Visiting Today
MAKE SURE YOU ALSO VISIT