I use the word “cool”, which may be out of date terminology in today’s generation; but, this is the only way to describe Sunset Screen… This software (easy to use – portable version available) will help you with reducing eye strain, sleep better, and wind down in the evening before bed.
SunsetScreen is a free app for Windows which helps take the glare off your your screen in the evening. Scientific research has shown that melatonin – the chemical the brain makes late in the day – is reduced when exposed to blue light. By tempering this blue light, it becomes easier to wind down properly at night, and thus have a more restful sleep.
- Set the sunset time precisely.
- Set the sunrise time too.
- Choose by colour temperature or by HSB for a precise colour.
- Transition from one phase to the other gradually.
- Automatically resides in the tray so it keeps out of your way.
- Loads automatically at Windows startup if you wish.
- Instantly turn off SunsetScreen if you need to do colour sensitive work.
- Choose from a range of presets, and reset to default if things go wonky.
- Small, fast, elegant and easy to use interface in less than a megabyte.
- Isn’t patent pending unlike something beginning with ‘F’😉
Thank You For Visiting Today
MAKE SURE YOU ALSO VISIT