When I was working as an IT professional, I hated printers. I ended up looking at them as an appliance where each had their own proprietary way of doing things. This article tells me, printers are still a PITA : )
Printers either install and work flawlessly or they don’t install or give constant problems. Try these tips.
Start fresh by removing the printer and following the steps below – remember, these tips are NOT just for deleting the printer but for troubleshooting. Often it is best to run through all of these steps and starting over.
- Can’t delete the printer? Open the printer icon in the system tray if you have tried to print and it fails to print.
- Once you open the icon, cancel the print jobs that may be pending – try deleting the printer now
- Open services.msc by using the run line (right click the menu) or click the orb or Windows start icon and type services.msc (Figure 1)
- Navigate to Print Spooler and stop the service. Once the service has stopped, start the service.
- Remove any software under Programs and Features that is related to the…
View original post 140 more words