If you have some notes you want to keep from prying eyes, SafePad may be something to meet your needs. I did notice it is in “beta”, which means it is a stable public release version. I will be keeping an eye on the development of SafePad to see where it goes; but, so far it appears to be beautifully designed and responsive; AND, the best part it is FREE!
- Free: coded for fun, SafePad will always be free and ad-free. Examine the code (script + encryption) yourself!
- Mobile-Friendly: the functionality of SafePad is the same regardless of what device you access SafePad on.
- Access Anywhere: access your personal notes from any device, wherever you are in the world.
- Truly Private Passphrase: your passphrase is not stored anywhere and is strengthened in the background when you save your SafePad.
- Secure Connection: all information is sent through a secure connection on a DNSSEC-signed domain.
- Anonymous: just enter any username and start using your SafePad. IP addresses are not logged or associated with SafePads.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): you have the option of requiring two-factor authentication (a 6-digit code generated on your mobile device that changes every 30 seconds) to access your SafePad.
- Triple the Fun: your SafePad content is chain-encrypted using not 1, not 2, but 3 ciphers: AES-256-CTR(Twofish-CTR(Salsa20)).
- End-to-End Encrypted and Zero Knowledge: your SafePad is encrypted on your device before it is sent to the server to be saved. Vice-versa, your SafePad is sent to your device in its encrypted form from the server. At no point is it readable, even by server administrators. This means you are able to bypass organizational/government surveillance and censorship.