There is an abundance of “excellent” sounding speaker and stereo systems out there that people end of disposing of because those systems lack the bluetooth wireless technology where you can stream music from your smartphone (or tablet). My advice to you is this: Do not dispose of your speakers or sound system; especially if it is a system of excellent sound quality and especially if it is a system that you have an emotional attachment to. There is a very simple (and inexpensive) solution to this problem. It is called a “bluetooth audio adapter”…
For example, I have an older Bose tabletop audio system that is of older technology, that still sounds as good as the day I purchased it; however, it lacks the ability to stream music from my smartphone via bluetooth. To remedy this problem, I purchased a bluetooth audio adapter, by Logitech (see below), that connected to the “audio in” jack on the Bose unit. The adapter came with its own power cord and an audio cord that can be used either via the RCA or 3.5mm jacks. After connecting the bluetooth adapter to my Bose unit and powering it up, it was just the matter of pairing the adapter with my phone. I was literally up and running in minutes and now I have an endless source of music that can be steamed and played through my Bose unit.
If you want to explore other adapters, there is a link provided below that will redirect you to Amazon to look at the choices. I went with Logitech due to Logitech being a commonly known brand name.
As I indicated, the adapter I ended up going with was the “Logitech Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Bluetooth Streaming” (at Amazon of course). Click on the links below to see the reviews (which is over 3,200 reviews).
- Bluetooth Audio Adapter: Makes your speakers Bluetooth for streaming music from your smartphone or tablet
- Multipoint Bluetooth connectivity: Simultaneously pair your smartphone and tablet and stream music from either one
- Easy pairing and automatic re-pairing: Pair your device to the adapter once with a single button press and you’re done
- Long-range wireless: Stream music from up to 15 meters (50 feet) away from your speakers
- Works with most speakers: Plugs into any powered PC speakers, home stereo systems and A/V receivers using RCA or 3.5 mm jacks. This product is a receiver ONLY, not a transmitter.
OTHER BLUETOOTH AUDIO ADAPTERS: “CLICK HERE”