For Christmas, I landed a deal on a Google Chromebook by Acer at Bestbuy that included a $100 off, plus a Google Home Speaker thrown in (for free) to sweeten the deal. I don’t think that deal will resurface; however, I am seeing the same Chromebook at Amazon for $50 off the retail price (see below). If you want to explore the world of Chromebooks, I highly recommend this one (see below). I have always worked with the Windows operating system (since its’ inception) and I must say, “I am hooked on this Chromebook and the Google Chrome OS”. If you are someone looking for a computer solely for internet-based activity, get a Chromebook. If you have a mom or pop, with little or no computer expertise, get a Chromebook. It does not get any easier than this (very little setup and maintenance).
This particular Chromebook is setup to run Android Apps, as well as apps from the Google Chrome store.
- 15.6-in Full HD (1920×1080) IPS multitouch screen for hands-on control. LED backlight.
- Intel Quad Core N4200 up to 2.5 GHz. 4 GB DDR3L SDRAM. The Chromebook will then download any available system updates, so you automatically get the latest Chrome OS features.
- 32 GB Solid-State Drive (SSD); No CD or DVD drive. Cloud based device with free Google Drive storage.
- Intel HD Graphics. Up to 12-hour battery life. Weighs 3.97 lbs. and measures 0.7″ thin.
- Can open/edit MS Office files using free embedded QuickOffice editor or Google Docs, and can download Microsoft Office Online (an online version of Microsoft Office) for free. Cannot install standard MS Office software.