I am big on privacy and security and never wanted anything to to with Facebook; HOWEVER, this past year I caved in. I am actually enjoying Facebook and have used the site to promote the blog (click here) and another public Facebook page I am experimenting with, called “Protection of Our First Amendment Rights – The Fake News Daily“. Again, I am big on privacy and security; AND, one downfall with Facebook is navigating the menus to turn privacy and security features “on and off”.
For example, after seeing how my private Facebook page looked on the public side, I noticed there were posts on the public page that I did not want there. As a matter of fact, I didn’t want any of my private (friends only) posts on the public page and commenced researching “How can I reset all “PAST” public posts on Facebook to be friends-only posts?
Here is the instructions I found and decided to post them here on the blog for others:
- Open up your Facebook page
- Click on the small triange in the upper right corner of the blue bar (at the top of the window)
- On the menu click on “Settings”
- On the left sidebar, click on “Privacy”
- When the privacy window opens, on the right side, click on “Limit Past Posts” (to expand that section).
- Click on “Limit Old Posts” (click on graphic below to see example)
- Click on “Confirm” (see graphic further below)