February 2, 2018
The “Acer Chromebook 15 is the biggest thing to happen to the Chromebook”, is a line I have taken from Amazon where this Chromebook is now under $300. I purchased this Chromebook prior to Christmas last year and I have not put it down since. I have always been a Windows user, worked in the IT field with only Windows-based systems, and can tell you this. If you want a computer for home-based use to get on the internet, I highly recommend one of these Chromebooks. I hardly ever visit my desktop computer anymore because I can carry the Acer Chromebook 15 around the house where all I have to do is open it up and I am on the Internet. This particular model has the 15 inch screen with a LED backlight display (which is very bright and very clear); is a solid build; smooth keyboard with lighted keys; smooth touchpad; no moving parts (very quiet); powered by an Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor 3205U (1.5GHz, 2MB L3 Cache) with 4GB DDR3L SDRAM Memory. The hard drive is a SSD drive with a 32GB capacity. That may not seem like much; but, you have to remember the Chromebook is designed with cloud computing in mind where most of your work is done on the internet with web-based applications where your files are stored in the cloud. You can also store files on the SSD drive or on external drive devices that you can connect to the computer. This model is one of the newer models that is set up to run Android apps; the same Android apps you have on your smartphone. This is an early development and I have found some Android apps run better than others on the Chromebook. This will only get better as Google moves forward with the Chrome OS.
In the end, after approximately 4 months of use with this Chromebook, I am sold on the Chromebooks. My advice is to get a good one, like this particular model. I have been recommending the Chromebooks to people for at home use and for our Mom’s and Pop’s out there who do not need the constant hassles that are associated with Windows based computers.
Acer Chromebook 15
SOURCE: Amazon – Acer Chromebook 15
January 20, 2018
Noticed this on Amazon… The Amazon Cloud Cam Indoor Security Camera (that works with Alexa).
- Stay connected 24/7 – Catch activities as they happen in 1080p Full HD. Watch, download, and share the last 24 hours of motion alert video clips for free.
- Notifications – Get notified when Cloud Cam sees activity and use the Cloud Cam App to check in anytime with live view. Watch motion alert clips in the App or on the web with your Amazon Drive account.
- See clearly in the dark – Night vision lets you detect what’s happening around the clock. Turn on/off night vision LEDs in the Cloud Cam App.
- Two-way audio – Check in with the family or tell your dog to stop barking.
- 30-day free trial of any Cloud Cam subscription – Get intelligent alerts and advanced features like person detection, Zones, and see up to 30 days of video history.
- Works with Alexa – Just ask Alexa to show your live feed on your Amazon Fire TV, Fire Tablet, Echo Show, or Echo Spot.
- Cloud Cam’s intelligence lives in the cloud so it is always getting smarter with more advanced alerts, detection, and features. Just announced: The Cloud Cam App offers more notification features and gives customers more control to turn off audio playback or turn on and off LEDs.
- For Amazon Key, purchase the Amazon Key In-Home Kit, which includes Cloud Cam (Key Edition). You need Cloud Cam (Key Edition) that features a Key Edition power cable to enable Amazon Key.
SOURCE: Amazon Cloud Cam
January 16, 2018
Here are the “Best Sellers” of software at Amazon right now…
BEST SELLERS – Software
December 12, 2017
I ordered an Acer Chromebox 15 for Christmas and prior to ordering I did some research and watched the following video. I have always been a Windows user; however, as we continue to tread down that path of computer technology, I am finding that most of what I do on the computer these days is strictly internet based. I have found that nearly all people that I know who use a computer at home are using it to strictly browse the web and really for nothing else. If you fall into that category, then what you may not know is that you can save a lot of money and tech headaches by going with a Chromebook.
By definition, a Chromebook is a “laptop that runs Google’s Chrome operating system and Chrome Web browser. Providing a total Web-based operating environment, all applications are downloaded from the Web, and although an Internet connection is mandatory, some apps may run offline as well“.
If interested in exploring a Chromebook, [ CLICK HERE ] to see the various Chromebook options at Amazon. If you get really serious, go to a local Walmart or Best Buy and play around with one. Very inexpensive and simple to use (and maintain) compared to the typical Windows based computer.
Acer Chromebook 15 Unboxing & Hands On
SOURCE: Amazon – Acer Chromebook 15
December 7, 2017
There is an abundance of “excellent” sounding speaker and stereo systems out there that people end of disposing of because those systems lack the bluetooth wireless technology where you can stream music from your smartphone (or tablet). My advice to you is this: Do not dispose of your speakers or sound system; especially if it is a system of excellent sound quality and especially if it is a system that you have an emotional attachment to. There is a very simple (and inexpensive) solution to this problem. It is called a “bluetooth audio adapter”…
For example, I have an older Bose tabletop audio system that is of older technology, that still sounds as good as the day I purchased it; however, it lacks the ability to stream music from my smartphone via bluetooth. To remedy this problem, I purchased a bluetooth audio adapter, by Logitech (see below), that connected to the “audio in” jack on the Bose unit. The adapter came with its own power cord and an audio cord that can be used either via the RCA or 3.5mm jacks. After connecting the bluetooth adapter to my Bose unit and powering it up, it was just the matter of pairing the adapter with my phone. I was literally up and running in minutes and now I have an endless source of music that can be steamed and played through my Bose unit.
If you want to explore other adapters, there is a link provided below that will redirect you to Amazon to look at the choices. I went with Logitech due to Logitech being a commonly known brand name.
As I indicated, the adapter I ended up going with was the “Logitech Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Bluetooth Streaming” (at Amazon of course). Click on the links below to see the reviews (which is over 3,200 reviews).
Logitech Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Bluetooth Streaming
- Bluetooth Audio Adapter: Makes your speakers Bluetooth for streaming music from your smartphone or tablet
- Multipoint Bluetooth connectivity: Simultaneously pair your smartphone and tablet and stream music from either one
- Easy pairing and automatic re-pairing: Pair your device to the adapter once with a single button press and you’re done
- Long-range wireless: Stream music from up to 15 meters (50 feet) away from your speakers
- Works with most speakers: Plugs into any powered PC speakers, home stereo systems and A/V receivers using RCA or 3.5 mm jacks. This product is a receiver ONLY, not a transmitter.
REVIEWS FOR: Logitech Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Bluetooth Streaming
OTHER BLUETOOTH AUDIO ADAPTERS: “CLICK HERE”
November 29, 2017
I do have to laugh. We initially started with “Black Friday that has basically turned into “Black November” : ) … Then came “Cyber Monday”; and, now I notice Amazon is pushing this further to “Cyber Monday Deals Week”… Anyhow, if you missed out on a deal on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, click on the “Cyber Monday Deals Week” to see what they got…
SOURCE: Amazon – Cyber Monday Deals Week
November 24, 2017
Here is a listing of the Top Ten “Best Selling” Software at Amazon. These listings are helpful when making decisive purchases.
SOURCE: Amazon – Best Sellers (Software)