I currently own this Chromebook and I will tell you that I now very seldom use my Windows-based computer anymore at home. This has been a personal test of mine to determine if I could do the same work on the Chromebook as I do my desktop; AND, the answer is YES. This particular Chromebook is mid-range in performance and specs. I highly recommend it for home-based computing and for those Mom’s and Pop’s out there, due to its’ ease of use. This particular model by ACER is at a good price point now…
If you are into computers and electronics, this “Best Sellers” list is a good starting point in learning about these components and learning what people are consistently buying.
- #1: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Motherboard
- #2: WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive (WD10EZEX)
- #3: Anker 8-in-1 USB 3.0 Portable Card Reader for SDXC, SDHC, SD, MMC, RS-MMC, Micro SDXC, Micro SD, Micro SDHC Card and UHS-I Cards
- #4: SODYSNAY R60-L Replacement Macbook Pro Charger, L-Tip 60W Magsafe Power Adapter For Apple Macbook Pro 13-inch A1181 A1278 A1184 A1330 A1342, L-Shape Magnetic connector 16.5V 3.65A … (60w-L-Tips-White)
- #5: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E500B/AM)
- #6: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM)
- #7: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E500B/AM)
- #8: ARCTIC ORACO-MX40001-BL MX-4 Thermal Compound Paste, Carbon Based High Performance, Heatsink Paste, Thermal Compound CPU for All Coolers, Thermal Interface Material - 4 Grams
- #9: Arctic Silver 5 AS5-3.5G Thermal Paste
- #10: Intel BX80684I78700K 8th Gen Core i7-8700K Processor
You may have seen the commercials on TV advertising the Google Home Mini and wondering what is the Mini? I was curious as well and decided to find out.
The Google Home Mini is, quote: “About the size of a donut, it has all the smarts of the Google Assistant and gives you hands-free help in any room of your house”.
If you have an Android phone, you may be familiar with Google Assistant on your phone where you simply say “OK Google” and the assistant will launch; at which point, you can ask Google a question. It works very, very well. I am also seeing that you will soon be able to also prompt Google Assistant on your phone, by saying “Hey Google”. You can already do that with the Mini.
The one thing I was curious about, and my question has been answered, is the Mini as smart as the full-fledged Google Assistant(?); and, it is. The Mini is a pared down version of the Assistant making it more accessible in any room.
It’s sleek and smooth, with no corners or edges, and about the size of a donut. Its fabric enclosure is durable, yet transparent enough to let through both light and sound. The LEDs under the fabric light up to show you when your Assistant hears you. And it projects 360-degree sound so you’ll never miss a beat. With far-field microphones, Mini can hear you even when there’s music playing or there’s other noise in the background. Mini comes in three colors—Chalk, Charcoal and Coral. At $49, Google Home Mini works on its own or you can have a few around the house, giving you the power of Google anywhere in your home.
SOURCE: The Official Google Home Blog
The Acer Predator 21X was rated by c|net as the number one fastest gaming laptop; however, with fast comes a steep price.
READ MORE about the Acer Predator 21X and the other 24 runner-up laptops (which are less in price).
Chromebooks are often described as a “browser in a box” due that they run the Google Chrome operating system and browser where the apps are internet dependent. Chromebooks are often seen in the schools these days due to their low cost and ease to maintain (and use). The Chromebooks I have tested boot fast, have long battery life, brighter screens and built in protection against malware and viruses. I have always loved the Windows operating system, but Chromebook computers makes great computers for grandparents due to their simplicity.
The two reason I am looking at the ASUS Chromebook Flip C302CA-DHM4 is that it is one of the first Chromebooks that comes with native Android app support and the fact that ASUS builds great computers. This particular brand of Chromebook is an Amazon Choice and was most recently featured at ZDNet. Also, this Chromebook is, so far, carrying great customer reviews at Amazon.
- Flexible 360 degree hinge and 12.5” Full-HD touchscreen lets you use the C302 in tablet or laptop mode.
- Extremely lightweight at 2.65 pounds with the protection of a sleek aluminum metal body.
- Unlock the power of Chromebooks with access to your favorite Chrome Web Store apps like Google Docs and it is Google Play Store/Android app ready.
- Starts up in seconds and lasts all day, thanks to a long battery life rated up to 10 hours*.
- Work anywhere online or offline regardless of your internet connection. Enjoy your favorite games, entertainment, and keep up with work, wherever you go.
- Intel Core Processor with 64GB storage and 4GB RAM for fast and efficient performance.
Noticed on Amazon that you can save $10 on the TP-Link AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender/Repeater/Access Point. If this deal is still active you should see a check box next to the “coupon” button that will allow you take advantage of the $10 discount at checkout. Good customer reviews on this device…
Typically, devices like the TP-Link AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender / Repeater / Access Point, are used to improve the WiFi coverage in your home (especially if you have dead spots).
At the time/date of this posting you could get the UNITEK 60W 12A 6-Port USB Charging station $8 off with coupon code P9I7T46I at final checkout = $30 …
Charging Station for Multiple Devices: Charges up to 6 USB powered devices simultaneously, especially support 5 iPads at once. Rapid charging with BC1.2 technology, provides up to 5V2.4A of power per port. Hold your iPad, iPhone, samsung, tablets and other devices all in one place and keep your device nice organized. Removable Dividers…