If you been holding off on getting a security cam for your home or business, then look no further. I came across this Wyze brand cam that is very inexpensive and has the features that you see with the more expensive brands.
I love multi-tools and the newest addition to my collection is the Victorinox Swiss Army MiniChamp Pocket Knife. As a matter of fact, I like this knife so well, due to the selection of tools and its’ compactness, that I decided to make this my everyday carry around pocket knife. I can see a lot of uses for this…
When you click on the link(s) below you will be taken to Amazon where there is a variety of this particular model knife to select from.
– Nail file with nail cleaner
– Cuticle pusher
– Screwdriver with ruler
– Emergency blade (letter opener)
– Orange peeler with scraper
– Bottle opener with magnetic Phillips screwdriver
– Wire stripper
– Tweezer/Toothpick model or LED mini white light model
– Retractable ballpoint pen
– Key ring
Check out this new camera from Google, called Google Clips…
Google Clips is smart enough to recognize great expressions, lighting and framing and capture beautiful, spontaneous images. Wirelessly connect to your phone to check out what you’ve shot.
Noticed that the Suaoki Cree Led Flashlight is back in stock. Last time they were on Amazon they sold out quickly. I love the high tech flashlights; especially, the lights that serve multi-purposes.
- Four in One Solution: flashlight, power bank, glass smashing hammer and seatbelt cutter all combined in one Suaoki TC6 Flashlight, suitable for seeking objects, self-protection, emergency glass breaking or any outdoor survival
- Four Light Modes: flashlight with 4 modes of lighting: focus, strong, weak and SOS with a highest 280 lumens brightness level. The flashlight comes in handy in any situation you are in, such as hiking, camping, biking, fishing, clambing, ect.
- IPX-6 Waterproof: highest water resistant level of IPX-6. Works in heavy rain, underwater, or any wet place, so you don;t have to worry about using it outdoors
- Powerful and Safe: rollover to remove the head and find USB charging port with 10400mAh capacity that is powerful enough to charge your iPhone 5 four times. CC, FCC, ROHS certified and smart chip keep it safe from over-heating, over-voltage and short circuit
- Lightweight and Portable: sleek and compact weighing only 315g, Suaoki TC6 flashlight weighs equivalent to iPad mini 4. Ergonomically designed and made of anti-slip material, take it wherever you go
Thank You For Visiting
MAKE SURE YOU ALSO VISIT
A tech item that people often overlook is the flashlight, where leaps in advancement have occurred. The newer LED lights have a brightness level that is utterly unbelievable that contain electronic circuitry that enables these lights to perform at different brightness levels.
The light that I currently use (and highly recommend) is the Olight S30R Baton… Don’t let the name of “baton” give the impression that this light is large in size like some of the old Maglites, which contained multiple D-size batteries. In fact, the Olight S30R is only approximately 4 5/8 inches long with an approximately diameter slightly less than 1 inch. There are a total of five different power settings and a strobe mode, with the most powerful setting being 1000 lumens (that according to the manufacturer will last 2 hours). The light mode set at 1000 lumens is unbelievably bright and will light up a darkened area at a great distance. The plus with this light is that it is a multi-pupose, very well built light, that has a magnet in its’ tail that is handy in the event you need to attach the light to a metal object (like to the hood of your car) when you need to use both hands.
There are in between light modes, with lesser lumens, like the moonlight where you you may need a more softer light to climb under the desk to check the wiring on your computer. On the other side of spectrum, the 1000 lumens setting shined into an attackers eyes is more than enough to temporarily blind and disorient the person (to give you enough time to escape the situation). Another cool and really neat feature of this light is the blinking strobe (again, very bright) that could be used as an SOS tool or as an alert to warn others of impending danger. The Olight S30R Baton ships with a rechargeable battery and charger base and if you go with this light from link above (at Amazon) they throw in a couple of other goodies.
- NEW Low-profile side switch featuring a battery power indicator, which glows red when battery runs low
- NEW Includes patent-pending Micro-USB charging dock and a 18650 3400 mAh 3.6V rechargeable battery
- NEW Thermal management safety program provides overheating protection by dropping high output by 60% after 5 minutes of constant on.
- NEW Glow-in-the-dark o-ring in bezel to help locate flashlight from accidentally dropping it
- 99% light transmittance rate through tempered glass, with two-sided anti-reflective coating
- Multi-function side switch with five brightness levels, plus a strobe mode
- Automatically return to your last brightness level with the built in memory function
- Removable pocket clip
- Flat tailcap with strong magnet, giving you the ability to use the light as a hands-free worklight
- Highly reliable 6061-T6 aluminum alloy structure with ant-scratch, Milspec Type-III hard anodizing
- Enhanced shock-proofing in battery contact springs to support both flat and tabular 18650 batteries
- Can be powered by two non-rechargeable CR123A lithium batteries as a last resort in an emergency.
- Low standby current below 15uA
Specifications (see specs at manufacturer’s site)
- Lens:Tough ultra-clear tempered glass with two-sided anti-reflective coating
- Light Source:1 x Cree XM-L2
- Flashlight: 4.69 in/119mm x 0.98 in/25mm
- Charging Dock: 2.17 x 1.97 x 0.63 in / 55 x 50 x 16mm
- Weight: 122g/4.3 oz (flashlight with battery), 24g/0.85 oz(charging dock)
- Body Material : Type-III hard anodizing, aircraft-grade aluminum
- Battery: Use 2 x CR123A or 1 x 18650
- Warranty: Olight’s five-year warranty
Thank You For Visiting Today
MAKE SURE YOU ALSO VISIT
[FEATURED GEEK SQUEAK] Learning About Secure Boot In Windows 8 – This geek squeak is about a feature, called Secure Boot, that is built into the firmware architecture of the newer computers that make sure that your PC boots using only software that is trusted by the PC manufacturer. When the PC starts, the firmware checks the signature of each piece of boot software, including firmware drivers (Option ROMs) and the operating system. If the signatures are good, the PC boots, and the firmware gives control to the operating system. From what I have read, Microsoft had encouraged the computer manufacturers to put this in place, as a security measure to prevent a Windows 8 computer from being compromised.
The problem I experienced with this, not working on computers as much since my retirement, is that I did not know about Secure Boot. I had attempted to boot a Windows 8 based (newer) PC from a third party DVD called Hiren’s Boot CD and the PC would not allow the CD to perform the boot process. I was in and out of the BIOS to make sure I had the CD/DVD drive in line to be the first boot device and it would not boot from the CD/DVD (or USB drive) due to the Secure Boot feature. The PC, during the boot process, would look at the CD/DVD (or USB drive), BUT as indicated in the first paragraph Secure Boot did not recognize the signature and would bypass the boot disk and try to boot into Windows.
The workaround I found to this is that in the BIOS of this particular PC, I was able to disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy Boot. After I performed this task, the PC booted from the boot CD/DVD (or USB Drive). The process of disabling this feature varies, depending on the make and model of your computer. I encourage you to research this through your computer manufacturer.
Learn a byte at a time, at What’s On My PC, with Geek Squeaks’ — featuring a round-up of tech products, news, software, apps, wallpapers, articles, you name it… I just plain love tech!
MORE GEEK SQUEAKS
[FILE SHARING] Send Anywhere Transfers Files Quickly and Securely Across Devices – The big sell of Send Anywhere is that it uses P2P to transfer your files, without saving them on any server along the way. So once the transfer is done, the file isn’t going to be sitting on the cloud, waiting to be discovered by someone else… @lifehacker
[HOW TO] What You Need to Know About Text-to-911 – Text-to-911 is the ability to send a text message to reach 911 emergency call takers from your mobile phone or device. In the future, text-to-911 will be widely available in the United States. However, for now, the ability to contact 911 using text is only available on a limited basis in a few markets.… @FCC
[GADGET TOOL] Pocket Monkey – 3 screwdrivers (flat head, 2D phillips, micro flat), 6 nested hex wrenches (standard sizes), bottle opener, letter opener, and 6 more… @Amazon
[COLLEGE COMPUTER] Tablet or Laptop for college? – As high school students take the summer off and begin to prepare for college, we are often asked what technology students should get for college. Here’s our answer. Both – maybe. Why? … @TCAT Shelbyville – Technical Blog
[SOFTWARE] Scan Documents And Save Them On Your Computer As A PDF – WinScan2PDF is a very small (~40k) and portable program that allows you to scan documents and save them on your computer as a PDF by using any installed scanner… @SoftwareOK
[BOOT DISK] Create bootable media using ESET SysRescue Live – Recently, a popular security company ESET has released its SysRescue Live bootable CD/USB. It is a free utility that allows you to create a bootable rescue CD/DVD or USB Drive. You can boot an infected computer from your rescue media to scan for malware and clean infected files… @The Windows Club
[TECH NEWS] China bans Windows 8 from being used on government PC – Reuters reports that China’s Central Government Procurement Center posted word of the Windows 8 ban last week on its website. Oddly, the notice was part of a message on how the government could use energy saving products. However, the official Chinese news agency, Xinhua, later said the ban was to help ensure computer security… @Neowin
[ANDROID] Direct-to-Drive attachment saves added to Gmail for Android – Gmail for Android now lets you save attachments directly to Google Drive. The new feature is part of the latest version of Gmail for Android, which started rolling out on Monday via Google Play… @Greenbot
[WALLPAPER] Earth Map… @WideWallpapers
FCC SPEED TEST (ANDROID APP) accurately measures your mobile broadband performance…
FIVE WINDOWS 8 SHORTCUT KEYS that are essential to know…
A FREE ALL-IN-ONE SCREEN CAPTURE PROGRAM that provides a full-featured screen capture tool, an intuitive image editor, a color picker, a color palette, a pixel- ruler, a protractor, a crosshair and even a whiteboard…
A REALLY COOL SOUND AND SLEEP MACHINE for a better nights sleep…
Geek Squeaks’ features a round-up of tech products, news, software, apps, wallpapers, articles, you name it; from my favorite tech web sites… I just plain love tech!
Monitor Your Mobile Network’s Performance With The Official FCC Speed Test Android App
If you have any question or doubt in regards to performance of your mobile broadband connection; install FCC Speed Test. FCC Speed Test is an Android app that accurately measures your mobile broadband performance and displays an in-depth view of its factors (e.g. download and upload speed, latency, and packet loss).
Addictive Tips gets full credit for bringing this useful Android app to our attention.
In 2012, the Federal Communications Commission revealed their plans to provide mobile users with a way to more accurately find information about mobile broadband speeds offered by their carriers and crowd-sourcing the data across the US. The aim is to help the agency crowdsource data about wireless performance for their own record keeping. To expand the program, FCC has now released a new Android app simply dubbed FCC Speed Test… READ MORE
Important Windows 8 Shortcut Keys To Know About
Windows key+D = Takes you to the desktop
Windows key+R = Opens the Run box
Windows key+I = Opens Settings
Windows key+Q = Opens a Search screen
Windows key+X = Opens the Quick Access menu
PicPick – All-In-One Screen Capture Program
I have tried many screen capture programs and PicPick always comes out on top. If you are into graphic editing, blogging, desktop publishing, etc… PicPick is a must have installation.
Full featured screen capture
Intuitive image editor
Ecotones SOUND+SLEEP Machine
For roughly the same amount you’d spend for a month’s supply of sleeping medication, SOUND+SLEEP provides high-quality, natural sound compositions to help you relax and treat your body to a night of deep, restorative sleep. Featuring upward-facing speakers for full-room, high-definition sound, SOUND+SLEEP delivers a rich audio experience and automatically adjusts to minimize the effect of background noises and other distractions… CHECK IT OUT HERE