If you are experiencing issues with Google Chrome, such as frequent crashes, unexpected ads, unusual start pages or a toolbar mysteriously appears; then, you may want to download the Chrome Cleanup Tool. Simply download to your desktop (or a folder) AND run… This tool is made by Google to help track down issues with the Google Chrome browser. One important point to make here is that this tool will give you an option to set your browser settings to the default (original) settings; so, be aware of that. Otherwise, this is worth a shot if your are in a dilemma…
If you are into minimalistic and portable, then take a look at Kaseto… This music app is a work in progress.
ZHPCleaner is a portable app that has been developed to identify and remove those unwanted browser add-ons (hijackers) that compromise the security of your computer…. As with any app of this type, it is best you have knowledge of what is safe to remove and what is not.
Took a little bit of a learning curve; but, learned how to use Snipaste in short order. Snipaste is a windows snipping (or screen capturing) tool that is different in the way that you would normally perform a screen capture that is typical of other similar software…
Quick post on a tool that is not only a security and vulnerability tool, but could also be used as a forensic and IT audit tool. It is called lastAudit. Take a look at it and let us know what you think. This is an audit tool that I haven’t seen before…
- Portable executable
- Detects and lists: wrong security configuration, vulnerabilities, weak permissions, saved passwords, browser history and cookies, Outlook address book entries
- Reveals sensitive information from: documents, source files, credential files, email files
- Performs WiFI audit: host localization, hotspot history, lists open hotspots
- Performs LAN port scanning
- Lists network resources, shares and files
- Lists Active Directory OUs, users, servers, shares and services
- Generates HTML reports