November 29, 2017
I do have to laugh. We initially started with “Black Friday that has basically turned into “Black November” : ) … Then came “Cyber Monday”; and, now I notice Amazon is pushing this further to “Cyber Monday Deals Week”… Anyhow, if you missed out on a deal on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, click on the “Cyber Monday Deals Week” to see what they got…
SOURCE: Amazon – Cyber Monday Deals Week
November 28, 2017
Here is a portable program for the tech toolbox (or can be installed), called “Complete Internet Repair” that may be able to help you if you are experiencing any of the problems reflected below that is related to network and/or internet connectivity issues:
- Internet or network problem after removing adware, spyware, virus, worm, Trojan horse, etc.
- Loss network connection after installing/uninstalling VPN, firewall or other networking programs.
- Unable to access any website or can only access some websites.
- Pop-up error window with network related problem description.
- No network connectivity due to registry errors.
- DNS lookup problem.
- Fail to renew the network adapter’s IP address or other DHCP errors.
- Network connectivity issue with limited or no connections message.
- Windows update does not work.
- You are having problems connecting to secured websites (ex. Banking).
- Internet Explorer stopped working or crashes all the time.
- Sticky proxy server settings.
- A few other internet errors, but we will not discuss all here.
SOURCE: Rizonesoft – Complete Internet Repair
November 27, 2017
Ok, if you are looking for an alternative “lighter version” of Facebook and Facebook Messenger, for your Android smartphone, go with “Friendly For Facebook”. I have tried every “lite” version app out there and “Friendly For Facebook” has topped them all. I have found it to be very reliable with minimal space usage, memory usage, and battery usage; plus, the notification feature and the ability to upload a photo (or video) works quite well (which was important to me). The Facebook Messenger component is built right into the same app. What I found with many of the other “lite” versions out there is that either/or the notification feature was not available and/or the ability to upload a photo/video simply would cause the upload to hang.
Why would you want to go with a “lite” version option? The true Facebook app and Facebook Messenger app will consume a large amount of space on your phone, will use more memory and will cause noticeable battery drain. If you are experiencing noticeable problems when running Facebook, you may want to uninstall it, then you may want to install a “lighter” version (such as “Friendly For Facebook). The “lighter” apps for Facebook are built (by third party developers) as an extension of the Facebook mobile website. By going “lite”, you will preserve your battery, storage and data, while giving you back control over your news feed. The lighter versions may not be as robust at the true Facebook app; but, it gets the job done.
Why You’ll Love Friendly
• Download videos from Facebook
• Take control of your news feed with Keyword Filters.
• Sort your news feed by most recent posts.
• Block FB Ads
• No need for another Facebook messenger app
• Secure your account with Fingerprint & Passcode Lock
• Quickly switch between multiple FB accounts
• Beautiful material themes
• Fast Facebook lite app! Don’t settle for anything else.
SOURCE: Go to the Google Play Store on your smartphone, search for “Friendly For Facebook”. You can take a look at the app, here on the web by “clicking here“.
November 24, 2017
Here is a listing of the Top Ten “Best Selling” Software at Amazon. These listings are helpful when making decisive purchases.
SOURCE: Amazon – Best Sellers (Software)
November 24, 2017
Currently, Windows 10 does not offer up an option to turn Windows Updates “on” and “off”. This is where the “Windows 10 Update Switch” can help. It is a third party software option that allows you to toggle the Windows 10 Updates “on” and “off”. This software is especially helpful when you are on a limited broadband connection, such as satellite broadband; where you are allotted a certain amount of data per month. The “Windows 10 Update Switch” not only allows you to turn the updates “on or off”; it also allows you to set the computer to a metered connection where the updates are delayed and prevents Windows from gobbling up bandwidth. The metered connection, from a security standpoint, is probably your best bet…
Windows 10 Updates Switch is a FREE utility and is available as a portable app (for your tech toolbox)…
SOURCE: Rizonesoft – Windows 10 Update Switch
November 20, 2017
Over a period of time you most likely auto login to most sites due that your browser saves and auto inserts the username and password for you. The password is typically not revealed; instead you will see a row of dots or asterisks. The problem I have seen people do when they auto login; especially over long periods of time, is that they will forget the password or where they wrote the password down.
If you ever get into that situation, one solution is to download and run “Asterisk Password Spy”. Asterisk Password Spy works on wide range of platforms starting from Windows XP to new Windows 10 and can help you to easily find (and record) the passwords from any Windows based application.
Here is how to use Asterisk Password Spy:
- Launch AsteriskPasswordSpy on your system
- Now simply drag the ‘search icon’ to any password box to reveal the passwords.
- When you place it over the password box, it will automatically highlight it and password is added to list as shown in the screenshot below.
- Finally you can save all recovered password list to HTML/XML/CSVfile by clicking on ‘Export’ button and then select the type of file from the drop down box of ‘Save File Dialog’.
SOURCE: SecurityXploded – Asterisk Password Spy