September 29, 2016
To stay focused on the road, here are some Google Map voice commands that may come in handy. To learn more about “how to talk to Google Maps”, CLICK HERE
- “Mute.” or “Mute voice guidance.”
- “Unmute.” or “Unmute voice guidance.”
- “Show traffic.” or “Hide traffic.”
- “Show satellite.” or “Hide satellite.”
- “Navigate home.” or “Navigate to Starbucks.”
- “Show route overview.” or “Show alternate routes.”
- “What road is this?”
- “What’s my next turn?”
- “What’s my ETA?”
- “How’s traffic ahead?” or “How’s traffic to home?”
- “Avoid tolls.” or “Enable tolls.”
- “Avoid highways.” or “Enable highways.”
- “Avoid ferries.” or “Enable ferries.”
- “Exit navigation.”
September 27, 2016
Learned this trick over at Addictive Tips… If you go to Google.com, type in “Speed Test“, you can perform an internet speed test.
Test your Internet speed in under 30 seconds with a test performed by Measurement Lab. This test typically transfers less than 40 MB of data for most users, but may transfer more on fast connections.
September 24, 2016
I’ve been on quite a few computers here recently and have noticed that many people are Gmail users. One thing I noticed is that they do not keep a cleaned out inbox. I have pointed out it is a good thing to archive the emails and get them out of the inbox. By archiving the emails you are simply sending to them to the “All Mail” folder or tag; therefore, they are not deleted. By archiving your mail you will immediately discover that WOW factor where you will start to feel organized…
The problem is if you have thousands of emails to archive. Gmail will only allow you to select a certain number to archive at a time (which is usually 50 or 100). You can go this route, but it literally could take you hours to clean out your inbox and archive your mail.
The workaround solution to this problem is this — Courtesy of Peter Bonez — Data Science in the Nation’s Capital
- Enter in:inbox into the search bar
- Press the search button or press return to run the search
- Click on the small down arrow on the search bar and select Create filter with this search
- Click OK when warned that the filter will not apply to new mail
- Select Skip the Inbox (Archive It) and Also apply filter to X matching conversations.
- Click Create Filter
IMPORTANT: Gmail will think for a moment, then poof! your inbox will be empty, with all your mail tucked away safely in your archive. It’s a good idea to delete the filter you just created to avoid unwanted behavior. Just navigate Settings –> Filter and delete the in:Inbox filter.
September 24, 2016
How-To Geek caught my attention with the Android App called, SMS Backup +, that will automatically backup SMS, MMS and call log entries using a separate label in Gmail / Google Calendar. It is also possible to restore SMS and call log entries back to the phone with this app.
To learn more about how to (step-by-step) configure this app to work with your Gmail, be sure to visit How-To Geek…
SMS Backup +
September 22, 2016
I am a big fan of Amazon and I just noticed that they now have a photo printing service called Amazon Prints …
Amazon Prints offers high quality, affordable prints of digital photos, delivered by Amazon. Create custom photo books and online photo prints, and receive free standard shipping and free expedited shipping on orders of $15 or more. Every time you print online photos with Amazon Prints, you can customize your order with your favorite photos, themes, paper types, and print sizes. By printing with Amazon, your custom prints are always high quality and made to order especially for you. To get started, upload your photos to Amazon Drive, select your prints, customize your order, and check out.