A summary of Today’s Geek Squeaks‘:
- If you are a network administrator you may want to take a look at BgInfo to display system information on the desktop of all of your computers! Great for home computers too;
- Lifehacker has an article up about how to use an old router to extend your Wi-Fi network. Many routers have this capability built in (which many folks are unaware of);
- If you love messing with software and online browser based applications, then you need to check out BearWare (one of my favorite software resources);
- Find yourself in a pinch where you need to make a note of something, you may be interested in the posting below from gizmo’s; AND,
- Heading back to school or going to college. Toshiba has a nice Satellite notebook (with an intel i7 processor) that packs a punch for work and play.
Automatically Display System Information About A Windows Computer On The Desktop Background
BgInfo automatically displays relevant information about a Windows computer on the desktop’s background, such as the computer name, IP address, service pack version, and more. You can edit any field as well as the font and background colors, and can place it in your startup folder so that it runs every boot, or even configure it to display as the background for the logon screen… GET IT HERE
“When creating a range-boosting Wi-Fi repeater, what you need will vary. Some routers have repeater functionality built in. Others need custom firmware to get the job done”… READ MORE
As Yogi would say, “smarter than the average bear”… I can attest that BearWare is smarter than the average bear when it comes to freeware, webware and some great computer tips that will make you smarter than the average bear…CHECK IT OUT HERE
You’re sitting at your computer, or perhaps a public terminal in a hotel or an internet cafe, and you need to make some notes. Copy some interesting URLs, maybe, or draft a letter. You could fire up Notepad or Wordpad, of course. But actually you’d quite like to be able to access those notes later on from a different machine”… READ MORE
A 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor with Turbo Boost Technology delivers the premium performance your life demands.
With 8GB of DDR3-1600 memory, the Satellite® S55-A5257 ensures that your software won’t just run — it’ll sprint.
Safely store and easily access all your videos, photos, music and other documents on a generous 750GB (5400 RPM) Serial ATA hard drive… GET IT HERE