October 16, 2017
Noticed this morning a version upgrade to Any Burn Portable at FreewareFiles. Followed up by checking the official site. Any Burn is my favorite burning software due to its’ simplicity and the fact that there is a portable version that I can carry on my flash drive.
AnyBurn is a light weight but professional CD / DVD / Blu-ray burning software that everyone must have. It provides a free and complete solution for burning and disc imaging.
- Portable, no installation needed.
- Burn image file, directories and files
- Convert CD / DVD / Blu-ray to ISO or BIN/CUE images
- Erase rewritable disc
- Burn Audio CD from mp3/ape/flac…
- sector by sector copy function
SOURCE: Any Burn
September 26, 2017
I love screen capture programs and I can tell you that Snipaste is a keeper. Simply download either the 32bit or 64bit version, unzip the file, start the application and press F1 to start snipping. You can also press F3 to paste whatever it is you snipped into its’ own floating Windows. Due that this program is a little different than what I was accustomed to when it comes to screen capture utilities, there was a short learning curve involved. Once I conquered that, I was very impressed with Snipaste (especially, its’ on-the-fly editor) and see where it will increase my productivity; especially, when using images in my blog posts.
Due this program was a little different than what I was accustomed to when it comes to screen capture utilities, there was a short learning curve involved. Once I conquered that, I was very impressed with Snipaste (especially, its’ on-the-fly editor) and see where it will increase my productivity; especially, when using images in my blog posts.
Snipaste is an easy screen capture and image edition program, with the ability to detect windows and menus and supporting pixel-level control. Both captured images and various clipboard content can be pasted as a floating window to the desktop. Windows can be moved, organized into groups, saved to file, as well as basic editions like rotation, zoom, translucence etc.
The program can grab colors, supports themes and includes multi-screen support. The default keys (which can be customized) are F1 for Snip and F3 for Paste.
September 21, 2017
If you like the NirSoft And Sysinternals utilities, then you will definitely like WSCC (Windows System Control Center). WSCC serves as a portable update manager (and launcher) that will help you install and keep the NirSoft and Sysinternals software utilites, up to date…
SOURCE: KLS Soft – WSCC (Windows System Control Center)
September 17, 2017
There are many good (FREE) software utilities out there to help fix specific problems with your Windows computer; however, you need to know where to find them.
The Windows Repair Toolbox solves that problem by giving you a dashboard menu of choices to perform malware removal, system cleaning and repair, and disk defragmentation. These tools can be run successively in an unattended mode; and, when done, will send you an email (with log results) to let you know that the automatic repair is complete. You can even add your own software utilities to the Windows Repair Toolbox; however, from what I see that is included, they are some of the best out there.
I do have to advise you, that when you use tools to diagnose Windows problems, you are doing so at your own risk; however, when your back is against the wall and you have run out of solutions, Windows Repair Toolbox may be that shot in the dark you were looking for. Windows Repair Toolbox is available as a portable app, which makes it nice for those who run around helping others with their computer problems.
- Download and run “on-the-fly” the best free portable software when it comes to diagnose and solve several kinds of Windows problems. The tools are categorized by their function, and the program will automatically download the correct version for the Windows edition in which you’re working. When you finish, simply uninstall the tool, and all downloaded software is also removed. Or you can choose the portable version of Windows Repair Toolbox, and just run it from a pen drive.
- Ability to select several tools to run successively in unattended mode, in order to perform malware removal, system cleaning and repair, and disk defragmentation. A email letting you know that the automatic repair is complete, and containing the logs, can be sent to you.
- Displays relevant information about the computer to be repaired: CPU temperature, name and % time; amount of RAM installed on the system and % of use; Disk model, capacity, rotation, SATA version, basic health check; amount of free space left in the system partition; Windows edition and install date; System boot time; boot environment.
- Allows you to add your own favorite tools to the program;
- Allows you change the program icon and title bar text;
- Allows you to perform quality assurance tests after the repair is complete;
- Allows you to save notes about the repair process;
- Provides 1-click access to some useful Windows tools;
SOURCE: Windows Repair Toolbox
September 13, 2017
Is your computer running slower due to low disk space? If so, run the portable version of WizTree to determine where the space hogs are located. Just be careful in what you end up deleting.
I am quite impressed with WizTree in the fact that it includes a visual treemap that allows you to spot large files and large collections of smaller files at a glance.
- Finds the files and folders using the most space on your hard drive
- VERY Fast! WizTree reads the master file table (MFT) directly from NTFS formatted hard drives (similar to the way Everything Search Engine works)
- Visual Treemap allows you to spot large files and large collections of smaller files at a glance
- Finds the largest files on your hard drive. Every single file on your hard drive can be sorted in order of size.
- File Name Search – quickly locate files by name or wildcard match
- Sort the contents of your entire hard drive by folder size and optionally delete files and folders
- Scan ALL hard drive file system types (NTFS, FAT, FAT32, network, etc) and/or individual folders
SOURCE: Antibody Software – WizTree
September 10, 2017
TurnedOnTimesView is another tool from NirSoft that will provide you with the Startup Time, Shutdown Time, Duration, Shutdown Reason, Shutdown Type, Shutdown Process, and Shutdown Code of your computer. TurnedOnTimesView extracts this information from the event log on your computer. This information is useful in troubleshooting computer problems and can also be used to determine when and how long the kids have been on the computer after you have started it up.
This utility, a portable app, works on any version of Windows, starting from Windows 2000 and up to Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit systems).
SOURCE: NirSoft – TurnedOnTimesView
September 7, 2017
Nice utility to determine the current time in time zones around the world (in realtime)…
For every time zone, the following information is displayed: name, description, current date/time in this time zone and date/time that daylight saving time begins and ends.
SOURCE: NirSoft – TimeZonesView